2012年4月23日星期一

ray-ban sunglasses cheap

ray-ban sunglasses cheap,
I have often wondered as to whether it is possible to take someone, an adult,? who has no interest in cricket at all or knowledge of the game, and grow a love or at least strong appreciation of it. It is hard to get people involved in something that is alien to them. I decided however to take a friend of mine, to a local game in my old home? village. I was going to see my parents anyway, and there was a game that weekend. I asked my friend , who had no other plans to come along, and he reluctantly agreed to accompany me. He was more a snooker fan than of anything that required too much physical exertion.
After the meet and greet at my parents at about 11. 00 am, (they had met my friend before), we headed off to my old local pub, opposite the local green where the match was being played. It was a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky. sunglasses on sale ,
The game was underway by the time we arrived out onto the green, pints in hand. My old home team were in bat and were knocking the ball to the boundry at will. ray-ban sunglasses , Groups of old friends and aquaintancies of mine cheered in every well struck ball. The atmosphere was relaxed and great natured. After his second pint my friend bagan to ask questions. "Was that a good bowl?" "What is LBW?" "How many balls in an over?" With each answer his interest grew. By his third pint , and after a handfull of sandwiches he applauded along with the local spectators. I didn't see him without a smile throughout the whole game. At one point my friend questioned a decision of LBW, because from where he was standing he thought the ball was going miles wide. The match finished at about six in the evening. By now we were well mixed in with the other spectators, most of whom were old friends of mine. We applauded the teams for a great game, and saved extra cheer for our team who won convincingly. My friend turned to me and said it was the best day out he had had in ages. Of course we had had about eight pints of Bitter, but there was a certain amount of truth to the comment I thought, that the beer had no influence over.
Well had I succeeded? My friend said that the atmosphere and drinking were what made the game enjoyable. I told him that many cricket matches had that going for them. He did admit to being fonder of the game once he had learnt more of the rules. There was also the observation of how well behaved all the spectators were, despite the sun, and alcohol flowing out of the local pub. I still needed to know whether or not he would say he enjoyed cricket, or whether he had just had an enjoyable and different experience with some nice people and a lot to drink. My answer came prior to a game that was being played near where we both lived. I got a call after having not talked to my friend for about two weeks. I also had never watched cricket anywhere near where I was currently residing. ray-ban sunglasses cheap , My friend wanted to know whether I wanted to watch a game between the team that played near where we lived, and another in a cup match. I agreed to go, seemed like I had managed to generate some interest in him, enough for him to ask me to go and watch a local game. Maybe I had succeeded, or did my friend just find a more scenic place to drink?
.

没有评论:

发表评论